Tuesday, December 7, 2010

FAMILY IS ON THE WAY!

Here is Austin helping me clean up his room so everything is perfect for when my family came for Thanksgiving. It was an awesome week and we had a lot of fun showing off Texas and enjoying entertainment from Austin. We had Thanksgiving the Monday before Thanksgiving and found out that my Grandpa Gilbert passed away unexpectedly. He was 92 so he had definitely lived a full and happy life and now gets to be re-joined with his wife. I ended up buying a last minute plane ticket to Washington and flew home with my family on Thanksgiving day, leaving poor Tyler behind! It was a great trip and I got to see lots of family.

Too bad I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures of the actual funeral. There were 41 of the 46 grandkids present and found out there are 108 great grandchildren and 4 great-great grandkids. All 10 of his kids were present as well. Austin's middle name is Glen which is my Grandpa Gilbert's name. I'm so glad I can always remember him this way. He always made me feel so special even though I know he had a ton of grandkids to give attention to.
And now on to what we did when my family was in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment