Sunday, December 8, 2013

I Love Thanksgiving





My Thanksgiving day started out with the Fort Worth Turkey Trot with this gal, Cynthia, my past running partner.  We stopped running together once I got pregnant and it was Super Duper hot outside, so she convinced me to do the Turkey Trot since we did it last year.  I have been exercising regularly but not running long distance so I was a bit nervous, but it ended up being a great experience!  We started in the walking group which was incredibly tight (There were SOOO many people) but after a mile or so of that we started picking up the pace and ran and weaved in and out of groups of people.  We laughed every time someone pointed out how pregnant I was, and running.




After I rested up from the run we got our house ready for our guests coming over.  In reality I'd been cleaning my house for the last 3 days here and there, felt like I was already nesting.  We had 3 families and the missionaries over for our feast and ate some delicious food. 

 Tyler's mom sent us this cute little Turkey Table Runner that I love! It was so fun to make a festive table.  It was also great sharing all the food assignments with my other friends and NOT cooking the Turkey!  My friend Bonnie made the best Turkey I have ever tasted and that just made my Thanksgiving right there.
 After some great food and pie we turned on Elf and everyone loved it.  Especially Tyler. haha
 This is our little Thankful tree.  We had everyone write what they were thankful for on the leaves.
 A few days later we busted out the Christmas Decorations. Blake was in Crrrrazy mood! He was bouncing off the walls.
 This is a great shot of him hitting the branches together.
 Austin got really into it and helped Tyler the entire time putting all the branches on.  What a good helper!
He lasted until we started stringing the lights and that's about as far as we got that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment