Saturday, February 23, 2013

2013 Cowtown 10K

This is me with my good friend Cynthia.  Last August Cynthia asked if I would help her train for a 5K.  She had never run one before and really wanted to do it.  I was thrilled! I wanted to get to know her better and I love helping people exercise so we were a perfect match.  She had only run track in high school but hadn't done any serious running since.  

We started out running at 5am in the morning 2 to 3 times a week, and then a run on Saturdays.  She works full time as a teacher and the summers are HOT here in Texas.  Looking back we were pretty crazy! I lost so much sleep! But it's all been worth it.  We ran our first 5K right after Halloween and our second 5K on Thanksgiving.  Then it got cold so we switched up running in the evenings.  After the Holidays were over we started back up and decided to run the 10K.  Cynthia works so hard and I'm so proud of her for making it this far! We'll most likely do another 10K and then she wants to make it to a Half Marathon.  

Side Note: There is something about running with someone that brings you close together.  Maybe it's all that time you spend with each other so you just spill your guts to them everyday.  I've been lucky that Cynthia is such a good listener because I talk her ear off and it's great therapy for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment