Sunday, February 17, 2013

Houston

 Tyler has a training meeting in Houston that lasted 3 weeks.  So after he was gone for a week we decided to join him for the next week.  He was staying at a really nice hotel and the company was paying for it so we thought, why not? 

Well, after being cooped up in a hotel room for the first two days due to rainy weather I began to second guess my decision to come.  I did take the boys to the racquetball courts which was really fun for them, but that only lasted so long when I was trying to fill an entire day up to keep the boys busy.  But thankfully I connected with a friend who lives in Houston and the next 3 days of our visit were perfect weather so we took the chance to get out and explore. 
 We went to the Houston Zoo which was a very pretty zoo! Lots of nice scenery and very large.  There was a lot to see.


 Here is my friend Sharon and her cute little Rosie!!! 2 and a half months old.  She smiled a lot and was a really good baby while we were out and about.
 Here is the other half of the crew.  Austin and Blake got along really well with Gordon.  He became our new best friend.  In fact, he attached himself very quickly to me and was more cuddly than Austin and Blake ever are to me.  It was pretty funny.
 We also went to the Children's Science Museum which was amazing! So much stuff to see and do. I felt bad pulling them away from some things because I wanted them to experience other things as well.  Here is Austin practicing his EMT skills.
 And Gordon was so excited to make us a pizza!
 We went shopping for fruits and veggies.
 The boys got a kick out of this.  You press a button and watch the pompoms. I need one of these in my house.
 Austin showing off his muscles
 Golf ball swirly. Blake LOVED this one. 
 Golf Ball racetrack...another favorite
 Gone Fishin'
 Austin loved this car and rode in it to avoid eating lunch.

 Blake loved it too.  I love his face here!


 We also headed over to the Museum of Natural Science and History.  On Thursday from 2-5pm you could get in for free so we went to see the new dinosaur exhibit.  Austin has really gotten into dinosaurs recently.  We stayed only an hour since Austin kept asking when he would get to see the real dinosaurs! He wasn't so impressed by just the bones.


 Friday was another beautiful day so we hung out at a nearby park that was very nice!
Blake tried out the big swings for the first time and picked them right up! He's getting so big!
Overall, I am so glad we went.  It was a hard beginning and we didn't get much sleep, but it ended up being a fun trip with lots to do and see.  Thank goodness for Sharon!  She almost talked us into staying an extra week to go to the beach, but Tyler said it wouldn't work because he wasn't getting enough sleep at night...since Blake still wakes up multiple times during the night.  I don't think I could have lasted another week either.  We were ready to get back home on a normal schedule and home cooked meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment