Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Halloween!

 I just finished throwing the BIGGEST party I have ever done! It was a BLAST.  I think we ended up with 33 people coming to our house.  My friend Cheryl and I spent two days just putting all the decorations up...not to mention another friend, Karen, coming over another day to plan and get some decorations ready...and about 2 weeks just planning and making everything.  Wow! I am exhausted! This was the front entryway.
 A big thanks to my neighbor who bought two boxes of Halloween Decorations at a yard sale the day we were setting everything up and brought them over. I used almost all the decorations she got. I have awesome neighbors!
 After you walked through the front door you see this...
 and then walk under the hanging skeletons
 I put some roots that Tyler had dug up from the retaining wall in this big vase and hung bat buttons from it. 
 Fireplace! My friend Karen took pictures of all the couples who came in front of the fireplace with her really nice camera! I can't wait to get those pictures. Everyone had such awesome costumes.
 Cheryl made those candles! They were so cool!
 After you got your picture taken at the fireplace you walked out this door to the backyard.
 Yarn spider web! I love those! We had a black light shining on it so it glowed really well
 Our table of music, candy corns, and voting.  We voted on Best Overall Costume, Most Creative Costume, and Best Couple's Costume.  Everyone had great costumes it was hard to vote!
 Firepit in the backyard
 The grim reaper! I just bought 7 yards of fabric and my friend Cheryl put about 100 pins on it around the tree! It looked sooo good!
 The graveyard that led out to the horseshoe pit.  Tyler mounted a big light up in our huge tree that gave soooo much light to the backyard! It was perfect.
 Gravel for our retaining wall that we haven't finished yet.  So I added a few bones out there.
 We put up a lot of lights and tables and chairs.  I assigned out food for everyone and we ate a great meal.
 Blowing Ghost!
 We put lights up under our car port and the tables of food and drinks.

 We had homemade root beer and sherbert punch.  We also had water and hot chocolate. And yes it was COLD!  Of course the weather turns cold when we decide to have a party.
 The dinner party!
 We had a men's competition eating a donut from a string.   
I forgot to take a picture of the table centerpieces that night so here it is! I spent a lot of time on them! They are crepe paper roses with spiderwebs and little button spider mixed in the cobwebs.  So glad to be done with that! But I really liked how they turned out.
 Then we had the girls compete in the donut game.  It was a great!

 The next day I went to a baby shower, then Austin's friend had a birthday party and then straight to the church for the Ward Halloween Carnival Party.  Here's my little carrot that everyone thought was a pumpkin!
 I dressed as the girl from Brave and one of my Primary kids dressed like her as well, so we got a picture together!  I'm keeping up my tradition of having a bow and arrow as part of my costume every year.
 Austin was a train conductor! He loves his hat which makes me happy. He wears it all the time.
 Tyler was Mario.  We were all very random but oh well.  Maybe next year we'll be more of a themed family.  We also added Rapunzel (Makayla) to the group! You can't see Austin's face in this so I added another picture below...

I was sooo tired this night.  I had a sore throat coming on and was chasing Austin and Blake around the church all night. I did go to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 7 am the next morning and felt MUCH better!!!  Maybe I won't be getting sick after all!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing party! Will you throw a Halloween party in March when we come visit?? Could be fun! But you still have to go all out! (p.s. I noticed the M&M game!)

    ReplyDelete